Description of United Methodist Women:
Macedonia United Methodist Women is an organization of women with the following purpose:
- to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ;
- to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and
- to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
All women are invited to become a part of UMW. Macedonia’s UMW Unit actively supports missions at the world, national, and local level. We provide both financial support and hands-on service. We also provide opportunities for women to enjoy Christian fellowship at Macedonia, and through participation in district and conference UMW events.
Come join us!!
2011 United Methodist Women (UMW) Officers
President Cindy Nolte
Vice President Susan Kinsey
Secretary Frances Holway
Treasurer Ann McEwen
Spiritual Growth/Enrichment Susan O’Daniel
Social Action Jay Huffman
Mission, Education, & Interpretation Sandra Hansen
Program Resources Frances Holway
Membership, Nurture, & Outreach Barbara Ellington
Nominations Jay Huffman
Publicity Joan Styles
Prayer Partners Cindy Nolte
Bazaar Chair Sharon Albrecht
- Blanche Penny Circle Betty Love
- Friendship Circle Nancy Worth
- Genesis Circle Sally Davis
- Inner Life Circle Jay Huffman
Macedonia UMW in Action
- Methodist Retirement Home
- Bethlehem Home for Children
- ZOE Project
- Habitat for Humanity
- Macedonia Missions Teams (Appalachia Service Project, Local & International)
- Preschool & College Scholarships
- Hands-on Service with Local Crisis Ministries & Charities
- Reading Program/Book Club
- The UMW Book Club meets bi-monthly to discuss selected books from the UMW Reading List.
- Mission Studies
- Response Magazine
- Guest Speakers at UMW Meetings
- School of Christian Mission
- Children’s Sabbath
- District & Conference Workshops, Meetings, and Retreats
- Vintage Tea
- Bunco Bashes
- Fellowship & Lenten Dinners
- Artisan/Vendor Sale
- Christmas Party
How Can I Get Involved in UMW?
General Unit Meetings are held four times a year with a program, speaker, or mission activity at each meeting. All women are invited.
The Executive Board of UMW is comprised of Unit Officers and Circle leaders. The Executive Board meets quarterly and approves budgets, policies and expenditures.
Macedonia UMW Circles:
There are four Circles that meet at the Church once a month and carry out the purpose of the UMW.
Genesis Circle: Meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month at 8:30 AM. Does meet through the summer.
Friendship Circle: Meets on the 1st Monday of the month at 6:30 PM (1st Tuesday of month in September). Does not meet July-August.
Inner Life Circle: Meets on the 3rd Monday of the month at 2:00 PM. Does not meet July – August.
Blanche Penny Circle: Meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 10:00 AM. Does not meet July-August.
For additional information on the UMW or any of the Circles, please contact the church office at 919 851-1551 or email@example.com