Seekers Study: Disciple Fast-Track
12 Weeks Through the Old Testament
Dates: April 8 Thru June 24
Times: Sunday Mornings at 8:45 am, Thursday at 7:00 pm (Childcare provided on Sundays)
What: Disciple Bible Study has been a wonderful biblical teacher for Methodists for 30 years. Disciple Fast Track is taught in two 12-week segments, the first of which is the Old Testament. Group members will read 1/3 of the Old Testament in 12 weeks, and have a much better understanding of the Bible and how it relates to their lives.
Is there homework? Yes. Each week has 6 days of readings from the Bible and some from the study guide. Each day’s reading is about 3 chapters of scripture.
How much does it cost? The study guide for the first 12 week sessions costs $16. You can pay that to the church and just put “Seekers Study” in the memo line if writing a check.
How can I see more information about the program? Watch the video below to get a little more information about Disciple Fast-Track.
How do I sign up? Sign up below.
- Men’s Tuesday Bible Study – Meets September through May for a comprehensive study of a selected book of the Bible. The group meets from 7:00 to 8:00 every Tuesday morning, with a short “bring-your-own-breakfast” and fellowship time preceding the discussion.
- Tuesday Morning – Led by Pastor Kevin on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 10:30. The group studies the scripture passage the Pastor will use for the coming Sunday’s sermon. This can often be a diverse group, made up of Macedonia members as well as individuals from other community churches.
Adult Sunday School: Sunday mornings from 9:00-10:00am. These groups study a number of current topics, often written by leading theologians from a wide range of religious backgrounds. Following class, join us in the Fellowship Hall for light refreshments and a time to get to know each other. All are invited!
- The rEVOLution – Open to all young adults. The group gathers for a morning devotion, prayer, and fellowship, while discussing topics related to scripture and bible lessons. We welcome you to join our fun and fellowship.
- Hattie Franklin Class – Led by Carl Davis, the Hattie Franklin class studies the bible and discusses its application for our lives. We use an Adult Bible Studies series published by the United Methodist Church as a guideline for our discussions. Topics change quarterly to provide fresh new ways to grow in our relationship with God. Come grow with us this Sunday!
- Open Door Class – The name of this Sunday school class reflects its desire to welcome members of all ages. The class is proud of its long-standing tradition of sharing the books from completed studies to support Christian ministries in the local prison system.
- Seekers Class – The Seekers are a vibrant fellowship of adults who are “seeking” a closer relationship with God. Through study of the Scriptures and lively discussions on current church topics, we strive for deeper exploration of God’s calling to discipleship. We invite all to join us each Sunday morning!
Swifters: This group embodies the spirit of both outreach and hospitality, and draws its membership from our own congregation and those of several other churches in the community. We meet on the 4th Wednesday of each month (from 11:30 to 1:30) in the fellowship hall. Guest speakers cover topics ranging from health, community service and education to North Carolina history. For more information contact: Jay Huffman (919) 851-4518; or Ken Sorensen (919) 815-4321 (email@example.com).
United Methodist Women: Macedonia’s UMW has a long and rich history of actively supporting local, national, and global missions both financially and through hands-on service. We welcome all women to be a part of the UMW community at Macedonia and to share in this powerful and rewarding sisterhood by participating in one of our UMW Circles:
- Friendship Circle: Meets 6:30pm, 1st Monday of the month (1st Tuesday in September). Does not meet June-August. Contact: Nancy Worth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Inner Life Circle: Meets 2:00pm, 3rd Monday of the month. Does not meet July-August. Contact: Jay Huffman (email@example.com).
Additional information about the global ministries of the United Methodist Women can be found at: http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umw/, while information about NC Capital District UMW events is available at: http://capitalumw.com/.