We continue to abide by the recommendations of medical professionals and the State as well as our Bishop’s guidelines for preventing the further spread of COVID-19. As a result, with time we’re feeling an every-increasing need to stay connected or reconnect importance of virtual gatherings for maintaining those relationships, providing social interaction, and supporting Christian study.
This summer we have the following two virtual Connect opportunities:
- Book Study
Unafraid: Living with Courage and Hope in Uncertain Times by Adam Hamilton
While Some of us have studied this before, the current pandemic has made it clear that many of us still have fears to conquer. Enjoy some easy but important reading and join us as we consider how to face and overcome the fears we feel about loneliness, illness, and other fearsome aspects of modern life. Hamilton invites us to:
Face our fears with a bias of hope
Examine our fears in light of the facts
Attack our anxieties with action
Release our cares to God
5 weekly sessions every Thursday beginning June 18th through July 16th from 6:30-8:00pm. Facilitated by Sharon Albrecht and Tom Hallin
The book can be purchased on Amazon for Kindle ($4.25) or paperback ($10.14)
- Zoom Game Night
Enjoy a fun evening playing games and meeting new friends all in the comfort of your home without the logistical hurdles of babysitters and travel time.
Begins Wednesday, June 17th at 8:00pm, future dates to be discussed.
Facilitated by Joe Budd
To Sign Up, Please Click Here.
We look forward to being able to re-gather and reconnect in person. Not knowing exactly when that’ll happen, we’re planning several new Connect groups for the fall with the flexibility to meet in person or virtually. Be sure to check back to this page in the coming weeks for announcements about them.
- Tuesday Morning – Led by Pastor Kevin on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 10:30. The group studies the scripture passage the Pastor will use for the coming Sunday’s sermon. This can often be a diverse group, made up of Macedonia members as well as individuals from other community churches.
Adult Sunday School: Sunday mornings from 9:00-10:00am. These groups study a number of current topics, often written by leading theologians from a wide range of religious backgrounds. Following class, join us in the Fellowship Hall for light refreshments and a time to get to know each other. All are invited!
- Hattie Franklin Class – Led by Carl Davis, the Hattie Franklin class studies the bible and discusses its application for our lives. We use an Adult Bible Studies series published by the United Methodist Church as a guideline for our discussions. Topics change quarterly to provide fresh new ways to grow in our relationship with God. Come grow with us this Sunday!
- Seekers Class – The Seekers are a vibrant fellowship of adults who are “seeking” a closer relationship with God. Through study of the Scriptures and lively discussions on current church topics, we strive for deeper exploration of God’s calling to discipleship. We invite all to join us each Sunday morning!
Swifters: This group embodies the spirit of both outreach and hospitality, and draws its membership from our own congregation and those of several other churches in the community. We meet on the 4th Wednesday of each month (from 11:30 to 1:30) in the fellowship hall. Guest speakers cover topics ranging from health, community service and education to North Carolina history. For more information contact: Tom Cherry, email@example.com, 919-349-2171; Betty Cherry, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-831-1357; or Jay Huffman 919-851-4518.
United Methodist Women: Macedonia’s UMW has a long and rich history of actively supporting local, national, and global missions both financially and through hands-on service. We welcome all women to be a part of the UMW community at Macedonia and to share in this powerful and rewarding sisterhood by participating in one of our UMW Circles:
- Friendship Circle: Meets 6:30pm, 1st Monday of the month (1st Tuesday in September). Does not meet June-August. Contact: Nancy Worth (email@example.com)
- Inner Life Circle: Meets 2:00pm, 3rd Monday of the month. Does not meet July-August. Contact: Jay Huffman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional information about the global ministries of the United Methodist Women can be found at: http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umw/, while information about NC Capital District UMW events is available at: http://capitalumw.com/.