Seekers Disciple Study: Luke – Acts
Into the Word, Into the World
12 week Bible Study
Sunday Mornings from 8:45AM-10:00AM in the “Seekers” room
What: This 12 week Bible study immerses readers in the world of the Gospel of Luke and the Holy Spirit’s movement in the book of Acts. Participants will read daily from Scripture, and reflect together each week on what God is saying to them. Each week also features a brief video to encourage discussion. This is an excellent opportunity to learn Bible study tools and to encounter the Scripture in a fresh way.
How much does it cost? Workbook is $16
Beginning Week of September 8th, 2019
Connect Groups exist for people to:
- Connect with one another and form real friendships.
- Pray for one another’s spiritual growth and transformation.
- Reflect upon Sunday’s worship and sermon, and take deeper steps of faith.
Three distinct Connect Groups begin this fall, and will run up until the week before Thanksgiving:
- Monday Nights, 6:30-8:00 facilitated by Zach and Emma Moore at Macedonia UMC.
Childcare is available these nights, and this group is especially a good fit for young professionals and young families.
- Tuesday Mornings, 10:00-11:00 is Pastor Kevin’s Bible Study.
Each week this group will follow the rhythm of Connect, Pray, and Reflect together.
- Thursday Nights, 6:30-8:00 facilitated by Sharon Albrecht and Tom & Pat Hallin at Nancy Worth’s home.
- Men’s Tuesday Bible Study – Meets September through May for a comprehensive study of a selected book of the Bible. The group meets from 7:00 to 8:00 every Tuesday morning, with a short “bring-your-own-breakfast” and fellowship time preceding the discussion.
- Tuesday Morning – Led by Pastor Kevin on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 10:30. The group studies the scripture passage the Pastor will use for the coming Sunday’s sermon. This can often be a diverse group, made up of Macedonia members as well as individuals from other community churches.
Adult Sunday School: Sunday mornings from 9:00-10:00am. These groups study a number of current topics, often written by leading theologians from a wide range of religious backgrounds. Following class, join us in the Fellowship Hall for light refreshments and a time to get to know each other. All are invited!
- The rEVOLution – Open to all young adults. The group gathers for a morning devotion, prayer, and fellowship, while discussing topics related to scripture and bible lessons. We welcome you to join our fun and fellowship.
- Hattie Franklin Class – Led by Carl Davis, the Hattie Franklin class studies the bible and discusses its application for our lives. We use an Adult Bible Studies series published by the United Methodist Church as a guideline for our discussions. Topics change quarterly to provide fresh new ways to grow in our relationship with God. Come grow with us this Sunday!
- Open Door Class – The name of this Sunday school class reflects its desire to welcome members of all ages. The class is proud of its long-standing tradition of sharing the books from completed studies to support Christian ministries in the local prison system.
- Seekers Class – The Seekers are a vibrant fellowship of adults who are “seeking” a closer relationship with God. Through study of the Scriptures and lively discussions on current church topics, we strive for deeper exploration of God’s calling to discipleship. We invite all to join us each Sunday morning!
Swifters: This group embodies the spirit of both outreach and hospitality, and draws its membership from our own congregation and those of several other churches in the community. We meet on the 4th Wednesday of each month (from 11:30 to 1:30) in the fellowship hall. Guest speakers cover topics ranging from health, community service and education to North Carolina history. For more information contact: Jay Huffman (919) 851-4518; or Ken Sorensen (919) 815-4321 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
United Methodist Women: Macedonia’s UMW has a long and rich history of actively supporting local, national, and global missions both financially and through hands-on service. We welcome all women to be a part of the UMW community at Macedonia and to share in this powerful and rewarding sisterhood by participating in one of our UMW Circles:
- Friendship Circle: Meets 6:30pm, 1st Monday of the month (1st Tuesday in September). Does not meet June-August. Contact: Nancy Worth (email@example.com)
- Inner Life Circle: Meets 2:00pm, 3rd Monday of the month. Does not meet July-August. Contact: Jay Huffman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional information about the global ministries of the United Methodist Women can be found at: http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umw/, while information about NC Capital District UMW events is available at: http://capitalumw.com/.