We are currently looking for a Director of Children’s Ministries if you are interested or know of someone who might be. DOWNLOAD job description.
Nursery: Nursery care is provided on Sundays for infants and toddlers (through age 2) during adult Sunday School and through the worship service (9:00 – 11:30am). The nursery (entrance off of Narthex) is staffed by loving volunteers in a child-friendly and safe environment.* Pagers are available for parents.
Godly Play: During the worship hour, Children 3 years (or as the parents and children feel ready) through 3rd grade have the opportunity for a wonderful experience known as Godly Play. Godly Play is:
- A sensory-motor style of worship where God is experienced.
- Storytelling that invites the listeners to actively participate in the historical events of the people of God.
- A time, which forms our identity as the people of God and gives meaning to our acts of Christian worship.
- A time of reflection that encourages imagination, awe and wonder, and recognizes the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- A time of response where the children are allowed to retell the stories, respond with art, or through prayer and reading.
Parents pick up their children prior to communion each week so that their children can experience communion fellowship with the church family.
Vacation Bible School (VBS): Each summer during June we offer a VBS curriculum for children ages 3 years to 5th grade. An energetic team of adult and youth volunteers help children learn about God’s love by through bible lessons, crafts, games, and lots of fun and fellowship.
Girl Scouts: Macedonia is host to an awesome Brownie and Junior Girl Scout Troop! For more information, please contact Angie Gehrt (920-585-1500), Cindy Nolte (919-606-6171), or the church office (919-851-1551)
Our adult volunteers love working with the girls but we’re always looking for new ways to increase their knowledge and involvement in the community to broaden their world. If you have a special skill set, hobby, think your place of employment would be a neat place for our girls to tour, or would like to volunteer in other ways, please contact Cindy Nolte.
* Safe Sanctuary – Macedonia UMC is committed to providing a safe place where children and youth may experience the abiding love of God and fellowship within the community of faith. All volunteers who work with the children and youth programs are trained in accordance with our Safe Sanctuary policy. For additional information, please contact Karen Dunlap at email@example.com.